Re: Using results from DELETE ... RETURNING

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Using results from DELETE ... RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> Would it be super-complicated to do this with CTEs for 8.5?  They seem to
> have sane properties like getting executed exactly once.

Hmm, interesting thought.  The knock against doing RETURNING as an
ordinary subquery is exactly that you can't disentangle it very well
from the upper query (and thus, it's hard to figure out when to fire
triggers, to take just one problem).  But we've defined CTEs much more
restrictively, so maybe the problems can be solved in that context.