Re: pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

On 09/22/2015 12:32 AM, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> -   might not be the same as the database user he needs to connect as.
> +   might not be the same as the database user that is to be connect as.
>

> It is not an improvement.  I would like to see this change rolled back.

I agree this is awkward.

I would use "might not be the same as the database user they need to
connect as." Let's be consistent about the use of they/them/their/theirs
as indefinitely gendered singular pronouns.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation