Re: [ADMIN] Deadlock on transaction

От Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Deadlock on transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ok you teach me. Thank you and sorry. :(

I just want to know why is it occuring. I am pretty sad.

Ezequias

2007/2/12, Reinoud van Leeuwen < reinoud.v@n.leeuwen.net>:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:08:27PM -0300, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
> I mean really deadlock. Other transactions can't access the database until
> the main transaction is complete.

What you describe sounds like a blocking lock: one transaction uses a
resource and another has to wait until it is not locked anymore

A deadlock is a special case: two transactions both need resources A and
B. transaction 1 locks A, and the next moment transaction 2 locks B. Now
transaction 1 waits for 2 to release B, but at the same time 2 waits for 1
to release A. This is called a deadlock, or circulair lock.
Postgresql automatically detects such a situation and rolls one of them
back. The client recieves a 'restartable database error' and that is
exactly true: ususally another try will work.

One method of fixing deadlocks is to make sure all your code accesses the
database in the same order. Alphabetically is easiest to remember...

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Deadlock on transaction
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Deadlock on transaction