Re: creating extension including dependencies

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: creating extension including dependencies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-09-07 21:09, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andres Freund wrote:
>> On 2015-09-07 20:56:50 +0200, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>>> Yes that sounds cleaner. Just as a side note, List is a Node and does have
>>> copy support (and we pass List as DefElem->arg from gram.y in several
>>> places).
>>
>> I know - but the list element in this case don't have copy support, no?
>> You seem to have put plain C strings in there, right?
>
> Seems slightly easier to use makeString(), no?

Yes, but I think Andres is correct when saying DefElem->arg is not
nicest place to put it to.

Looking at the code again, splitting the function is actually not that
easy since the cascaded extension creation has to execute all the same
code/checks as CreateExtension does; It might be better to just add the
parameter to the CreateExtension and call it with NIL value from utility.c.

Services