Re: Horizontal scalability/sharding

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Horizontal scalability/sharding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/01/2015 10:06 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 09/01/2015 02:39 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 01:16:21PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Our real future bottlenecks are:
>
> * ability to handle more than a few hundred connections

This, 1000 times this. No a connection pooler doesn't help, we are using
1000 connections WITH a connection pooler. The amount of data centric,
always connected (even if stateless) apps that are out there is
astounding. Our performance curve is better (especially since Robert's
fantastic work on 9.2) but it isn't where a lot of the demanding users
need to be.

We are also seeing a vast uptick in always connected apps that aren't
web centric (or the client at least isn't). In other words we are seeing
situations where 1000 connections is 1000 users, connected.

JD

Сообщение: Re: Horizontal scalability/sharding
Сообщение: Re: Horizontal scalability/sharding