Re: Does PLPythonU support COPY table FROM string?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Does PLPythonU support COPY table FROM string?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/28/2015 08:32 AM, Dominik Czarnota wrote:
> I am launching it from postgres plpythonu function (postgres version:
> PostgreSQL 9.4.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian
> 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2, 64-bit).
>
> The error can be reproduced using the SQL below:
>
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS test;
> CREATE TABLE test(field1 integer, field2 integer);
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION example() RETURNS VOID AS
> $$
>      plpy.execute("COPY test (field1, field2) FROM STDIN
> DELIMITER',';\n1,2\n\\.")
> $$ LANGUAGE 'plpythonu';
>
> select example();
>

> Maybe there is a way to get into the underlying psycopg2 driver and call
> some method that would do COPY FROM, but I can't find anything related
> to it in the docs.

The only thing I can think of is using io.BytesIO() to create an in
memory file and then reading from that. I have done it using psycopg2,
but not in plpythonu so I would mark this untested.

Otherwise, could you explain more where the list is coming from and it's
size as there may be other ways to attack this.

> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:
>
>     On 08/28/2015 05:58 AM, Dominik Czarnota wrote:
>
>         Hello,
>
>         Is there any possibility to make COPY from list of records in
>         PLPythonU?
>
>         I've tried to simply call `plpy.execute(query)` with such query:
>
>         COPY table (field1, field2, field3) FROM STDIN DELIMITER',';
>         val1,val2,val3
>         \.
>
>         But it fails with not so explicit error:
>         ProgrammingError: (psycopg2.ProgrammingError)
>         spiexceptions.SyntaxError:
>         syntax error at or near "val1"
>         LINE 2: val1,val2,val3
>                   ^
>

>     The above is a psycopg2 error, so where are you running this and how?
>

>         However the same thing works in psql.
>
>         After some googling I found out that it doesn't work inside sql
>         functions because there is no STDIN (
>         http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/000501c5acc9$83747aa0$0501a8c0@plexus
>         ).
>

>         I've got working solution which was saving tmp file and then calling
>         `COPY table FROM 'path'` but that's not cool.
>
>         Did I miss something in plpythonu api? If not, where can I post
>         "feature
>         request" for that?
>         Or can you point me place where I could dig into the code and
>         implement it?
>

>         ----
>         Dominik Czarnota
>

>     --