Re: two factor authentication for pgadmin iii

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: two factor authentication for pgadmin iii
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/26/2015 11:55 PM, Nima Azizzadeh wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm going to create two factor authentication for pgadmin server...

you mean postgresql server, don't you?  pgadmin is a client program/utility.

> I'm using postgresql 9.4 with pgadmin III on Linux Mint 17.2 32bit...
> I already have 1 password authentication but For better security, I
> just want to force 2 of them. The authentication factors could be any
> things(what people have,what people know,where people are or what
> people are).
> Could anybody help me on this?

one standard way of doing 2-factor is to use ssl keys, with a password
on the ssl key store.

But, how will that work with application programs connecting to
postgres, such as a webserver based application ?