Re: backup and archive postgresql data older than 6 months

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: backup and archive postgresql data older than 6 months
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/26/2015 03:46 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there scripts which takes backup of postgresql database and archive
> data older than 6 months and push it to a remote server using scp or
> rsync method and purge/clean the local data on the hard disk at the same
> time meaning at any given time we have only six months of postgresql
> data on the postgresql database server.

Not entirely sure what you want here?:

1) Do you want to keep a set of backups that end no less then 6 months ago

or

2) Do you want the actual data in the server to be no more then 6 months
old with older data pulled out and archived.

If 2)

A) How do you propose determining the age of a record ?

B) How do you deal with FK relationships and missing data?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices