Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/22/2015 12:23 AM, Igor Sosa Mayor wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>
>> Does the code work reliably outside Postgres?
>> It seems you are reliant on the availability of the OpenStreetMap
>> service and its ability to provide a timely response.
>>
>> So what exactly is the trigger event, INSERT, UPDATE, both?
>>
>> Is it absolutely necessary that this happen in a trigger?
>
> yes, it works reliable. I can also add a timeout option, but it does not
> make any difference.
>
> As for the trigger: well, I don't know. I wanted to be triggered every
> time I add a city in the table 'ciudad'.postgres deals

Aargh, I was not paying attention.

Is the function you show here:

http://pastie.org/10366558

the actual function you are using in the trigger?

If so, there is no mechanism for getting the location coordinates into
the table, if that is what you want.

If that is not what you want, then what is the function supposed to do?

If it is not the trigger function, what is the actual function?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com