Re: [CentOS] persistent change of max_stack_depth

От Michael H
Тема Re: [CentOS] persistent change of max_stack_depth
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

I've asked recently about amending the stack depth for system services
in centos7, namely LimitSTACK for increasing max_stack_depth parameter.

Below is the answer to my question provided on the CentOS mailing list,
I'm posting here to share the information.

On 17/08/15 19:07, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 08/17/2015 03:34 AM, Michael H wrote:
>> the [Service] section -
>> [Service]
>> LimitSTACK=12288
>> By the errors I will assume that it should be in the [Service] section.
>> I couldn't find confirmation of this online...
>
> Yes, it belongs in the [Service] section.
>
> $ man systemd.exec
> "The execution specific configuration options are configured in the
> [Service], [Socket], [Mount], or [Swap] sections, depending on the unit
> type."
>
> However, I assume that you are confused because "ulimit" in a bash shell
> returns a value in KiB, but LimitSTACK and setrlimit accept a value in
> bytes.  That is, you've decreased the stack size to 12KiB, which is why
> PostgreSQL segfaults immediately.

Here is the gotcha! I had previously calculated my LimitSTACK in KB not
bytes.