Re: I am unable to install PostgreSql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: I am unable to install PostgreSql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/14/2015 06:00 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> Shashank,
>
> as stated before, you need to install on a _supported_ O/S.
>
> Windows 2003 is NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

Not sure that is relevant.

So:

1) Where are you getting the Postgres installer from?

2) When you uninstalled are you sure it actually uninstalled everything?

3) Are you doing the install as Administrator?

4) Where are you trying to install the Postgres data directory if not in
the default location?

5) What does the system log when the install is hanging?

> So install on Windows 7, Windows 8 or the just released Windows 10.
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 11:42 PM, Shashank <shashank.ites@gmail.com
> <mailto:shashank.ites@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Melvin
>
>     Thanks for responding. I am using postgresql-9.4.4-3 version to
>     install. However I am getting the same issue with postgresql-9.3.9-3
>     version as well. Kindly suggest, what needs to be done.
>
>     Regards
>     Shashank
>

>     --------------------------------------------------------------------
>     From: *Melvin Davidson* <melvin6925@gmail.com
>     <mailto:melvin6925@gmail.com>>
>     Date: 13 August 2015 at 23:09
>     Subject: Re: [GENERAL] I am unable to install PostgreSql
>     To: Shashank <shashank.ites@gmail.com <mailto:shashank.ites@gmail.com>>
>     Cc: "pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>     <mailto:pgsql-general@postgresql.org>" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>     <mailto:pgsql-general@postgresql.org>>
>

>     I hope you realize that support for Windows 2003 ended July 2015
>     http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/
>
>     Plus you never mentioned WHICH VERSION of PostgreSQL you are trying
>     to install.
>
>     Perhaps you should try a supported version of PostgreSQL on a
>     supported version of Windows.
>     That might work a little better.
>
>     On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Shashank <shashank.ites@gmail.com
>     <mailto:shashank.ites@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>>         Hi
>>
>>         I am unable to install Postgresql on window 2003. I have
>>         already installed previously. As, I forgot the password, I
>>         have uninstalled and trying to install again.
>>         I got error as " The database cluster initialization failed ".
>>
>>         The solution to this problem I got as "During the
>>         installation, you are asked to choose a location to store the
>>         postgres data. The default location is C:\Program
>>         Files\Postgres\data. Choosing a location outside of the
>>         Program Files directory (e.g. C:\Postgres Data) can often
>>         overcome the problem described above. "  I got the solution
>>         from http://www.maplesoft.com/support/faqs/detail.aspx?sid=33315
>>
>>         After doing the above steps, the setup is stuck at the final
>>         stage. It is just showing as "Installing the database cluster
>>         (this make take few minutes)".
>>
>>         Kindly help me on this. Thanks in advance.
>>

>>         Regards
>>         Shashank
>>         Mumbai, India
>

>         --
>

>     --
>     *Melvin Davidson*
>     I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you
>     wish to share my fantasy is entirely up to you.
>

> --
> *Melvin Davidson*
> I reserve the right to fantasize.  Whether or not you
> wish to share my fantasy is entirely up to you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com