IN argument keyword not needed

От Michal Kozusznik
Тема IN argument keyword not needed
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello
I found, that in case of functions which returns TABLE structure,
function arguments are proceeded by IN keyword.
I believe it's because of similarity between 2 methods returning recordset:
- TABLE structure
and
- OUT arguments with conjunction of SETOF

Also please note, that arguments of function which has no OUT arguments
at all, are no proceeded by IN keyword.

Suggestion: remove IN keywords from argument list in case the function
is defined to return TABLE structure.

Examples:

Current state (pgAdmin v.1.20)

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION some_function(IN some_arg INTEGER)
   RETURNS TABLE(some_columns....) AS

Suggested state:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION some_function(some_arg INTEGER)
   RETURNS TABLE(some_columns....) AS

with regards

Вложения