Re: user connection not recorded?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: user connection not recorded?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/30/2015 07:21 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>> On 07/30/2015 06:42 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
>>> I can understand that the host is not available in nslookup, but why is
>>> the user not being recorded?
>
>> A quick look at the source shows that Postgres system process can have NULL username:
>
> Well, the real point is that that message comes out before we've collected
> the startup packet, so we don't *have* a username yet.  All we know is
> that somebody's opened a TCP connection.  The later "connection
> authorized" message will tell you what database user name they gave.

Eventually got around to figuring that. So just for my reference, the
code snippet I showed from postinit.c seems to show a path where a
username is not used but is  substituted with BOOTSTRAP_SUPERUSERID.

Am I following that correctly and what is BOOTSTRAP_SUPERUSERID?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: user connection not recorded?
Сообщение: Re: user connection not recorded?