Re: pg_dump quietly ignore missing tables - is it bug?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pg_dump quietly ignore missing tables - is it bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/25/2015 07:08 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I am sending a new patch - without checking wildcard chars.

The documentation says the option is called --strict-names, while the
code has --strict-mode. I like --strict-names more, "mode" seems
redundant, and it's not clear what it's strict about.

For symmetry, it would be good to also support this option in
pg_restore. It seems even more useful there.

Can we do better than issuing a separate query for each table/schema
name? The performance of this isn't very important, but still it seems
like you could fairly easily refactor the code to avoid that. Perhaps
return an extra constant for part of the UNION to distinguish which
result row came from which pattern, and check that at least one row is
returned for each.

- Heikki