Re: TABLESAMPLE patch is really in pretty sad shape

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: TABLESAMPLE patch is really in pretty sad shape
Дата
Re: TABLESAMPLE patch is really in pretty sad shape  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-07-24 00:39, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> OK, so "InitSampleScan" for a function called at ExecInitSampleScan time
>> (which we might as well make optional), and then we'll use BeginSampleScan
>> for the function that gets the parameters.  The restart/ReScan function
>> goes away since BeginSampleScan will take its place.
>
> Here's a WIP patch implementing things this way.  I've also taken the time
> to do a complete code review, and fixed quite a large number of things,
> some cosmetic and some not so much.  I have not yet touched the tsm
> contrib modules (so they won't even compile...), but I'm reasonably happy
> with the state of the core code now.

Eh, I was just writing email with my rewrite :)

I'll do review of this instead then.

The only major difference that I see so far and I'd like you to
incorporate that into your patch is that I renamed the SampleScanCost to
SampleScanGetRelSize because that reflects much better the use of it, it
isn't really used for costing, but for getting the pages and tuples of
the baserel.

Services