Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/22/2015 06:13 AM, Tim Smith wrote:
> Melvin,
>
> May I point out that the manual states :
> "TRUNCATE quickly removes all rows from a set of tables. It has the same
> effect as an unqualified DELETE on each table"

This is actually wrong. The end result is the same but it does not in
any way have the same effect. And I will submit a patch.

TRUNCATE is NOT DELETE.

Sincerely,

JD

Сообщение: Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate
Сообщение: Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate