Re: pg_upgrade + Extensions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_upgrade + Extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/13/2015 01:12 PM, Smitha Pamujula wrote:
> Yes. I have checked that the extension didn't exist in any of the
> databases. I used \dx to see if there was json_build was listed and i
> didnt see any. Is that sufficient to check its existence. I am about
> to do another testing in a few minutes on a different machine. I will
> capture before/after shots

Please don't top-post on the PostgreSQL lists - see
<http://idallen.com/topposting.html>

In theory it should be enough if it was installed in the standard way.
But a more thorough procedure would be to run this command:
   select count(*)   from pg_proc   where prosrc ~ 'json_build';

Here's a one-liner that will check every database for you:
   for db in `psql  -t -c 'select datname from pg_database where   datallowconn'` ; do C=`psql -t -c "select count(*)
frompg_proc   where prosrc ~ 'json_build'" $db`; echo $db $C; done

cheers

andrew