Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/09/2015 01:24 AM, pinker wrote:
> Tom Lane-2 wrote
>> $ time pg_dump -f /z/q regression
>> pg_dump: [archiver] could not open output file "/z/q": No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> real    0m1.164s
>> user    0m0.062s
>> sys     0m0.034s
>>
>> However, I don't see that with any of the non-plain-text output formats:
>
> In my case this is:
>
> pg_dump: reading rewrite rules
> pg_dump: reading large objects
> pg_dump: reading dependency data
> pg_dump: saving encoding = UTF8
> pg_dump: saving standard_conforming_strings = off
> pg_dump: saving database definition
> pg_dump: [archiver] could not open output file "/djsklj.sql": No such file
> or directory
>
> real    1m6.841s
> user    0m0.412s
> sys    0m0.068s

So per Toms post use the -Fc option tp pg_dump. This will get a
compressed version of the dump. All is not lost though. pg_restore has
the option of restoring to a database or to a file. If you restore to a
file using -f then you get a plain text version.