Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information
Дата
Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information  (William Dunn <dunnwjr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 07/08/2015 12:47 PM, John McKown wrote:

> ​Why are they converting?
>
> Would EnterpriseDB (a commercial version of PostgreSQL which has
> extensions to make it a "drop in" replacement for Oracle) be a possibility?
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/solutions/oracle-compatibility-technology

Because EDB is expensive. Why go from one closed source solution to
another when you can go to the best Open Source database and forgo all
of that?

Yes, EDB has some nice tools (no denying that) but porting from Oracle
to PostgreSQL proper is not difficult in the least (although time
consuming).

Sincerely,

JD

Сообщение: Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information
Сообщение: Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information