Re: FPW compression leaks information

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: FPW compression leaks information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/07/2015 07:31 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Or another crazy idea is to append "random length" dummy data into
> compressed FPW. Which would make it really hard for an attacker to
> guess the information from WAL location.

It makes the signal more noisy, but you can still mount the same attack
if you just average it over more iterations. You could perhaps fuzz it
enough to make the attack impractical, but it doesn't exactly give me a
warm fuzzy feeling.

- Heikki

Сообщение: Re: FPW compression leaks information
Сообщение: Re: FPW compression leaks information