Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 9.4.1 - delay in checking if file exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/07/2015 06:55 AM, pinker wrote:
> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote
>> So how did you get the wrong file name then, the pgAdmin backup dialog
>> has a file selector?
>>
>> Or did you cut and paste into the file field?
>
> I've cut, pasted and changed parameters.

I was talking about when you ran the backup from pgAdmin. The backup
dialog has a file selector button to select the path/file you want to
back up to. So I was wondering how you got an incorrect path in the
first place? Then it  occurred to me you might not have have used the
selector, but directly pasted the path into the file field, is that the
case?

Another thought just occurred, that the delay is pgAdmin trying to
verify the path/file you entered. I say this because of this line:

pg_dump: saving database definition

from your original post. I do not remember ever seeing that when using
pg_dump directly.

Have you tried doing the backup directly from the command line?