Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/06/2015 09:56 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>>> If we go this way, I think that managing a JSON blob with a GUC
>>> parameter is crazy, this is way longer in character size than a simple
>>> formula because of the key names. Hence, this JSON blob should be in a
>>> separate place than postgresql.conf not within the catalog tables,
>>> manageable using an SQL interface, and reloaded in backends using
>>> SIGHUP.
>>
>> I'm not following this at all.  What are you saying here?
>
> A JSON string is longer in terms of number of characters than a
> formula because it contains key names, and those key names are usually
> repeated several times, making it harder to read in a configuration
> file. So what I am saying that that we do not save it as a GUC, but as
> a separate metadata that can be accessed with a set of SQL functions
> to manipulate it.

Where, though?  Someone already pointed out the issues with storing it
in a system catalog, and adding an additional .conf file with a
different format is too horrible to contemplate.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2