Re: Download PostgreSQL 9.5 Alpha

От Edson F. Lidorio
Тема Re: Download PostgreSQL 9.5 Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 04-07-2015 02:20, Charles Clavadetscher wrote:
Hello

I also could not find the download on EDB. For Ubuntu 9.5 alpha
is available but I was not able to install it using apt-get because it cannot resolve some dependencies. Finally I downloaded and compiled the source code. This worked well, but I had to do some additional steps to get the cluster up and running. I wrote some notes on

http://www.schmiedewerkstatt.ch/wiki/index.php/PostgreSQL_Compiling_From_Source

In general the problems were:
- Full qualify the executables if you have other instances running on your system (in my case 9.4.4). This to make sure that you are using the newer versions.
- Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib dir in your installation directory. The same as before but for libraries.

You may prefer to set PATH to the 9.5 lib dir in your current shell instead of qualifying the executables.

Hope this helps.

BTW. I am not sure about that, but I guess that if I hadn't had 9.4 already on the system apt-get would have worked. The error message suggested that it did not want to replace some existing files (e.g. libpq if I remember well). I assumed that this was intended to avoid a working version to be "damaged".

Bye
Charles