Re: Bypassing SQL lexer and parser

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Bypassing SQL lexer and parser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/6/15 12:14 PM, Данила Поярков wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What is the best starting point to PostgreSQL internal APIs for operating directly with the storage (performing basic
INSERTs,UPDATEs, SELECTs and simple JOINs by hand)? I'm looking for something similar to MySQL Cluster NDB API or
InnoDBinternal API (the late HailDB and Embedded InnoDB).

There is support for plugging into the parser and executor, so that
might be a possibility, but...

> Does the PostgreSQL support any other type of plugins/extensions other than FDW and custom data types? I mean, is it
possibleto start another daemon within Postgres without slightly modifying the main codebase?

> In case you are wondering why could anyone need something like that: I'm looking for a way to implement a small
subsetof HTSQL (see [http://htsql.org/], of course not with the whole HTTP protocol) natively in one of popular RDBMS
withoutextra URL-to-SQL conversion. Yes, I know that a lot of hard work was done for making query plans, optimizing
etc.but I'm still really wish to do this for some very specific needs. I'm not going to completely replace the SQL and
thuswill be happy to do those manipulations on a SQL 2008-compliant DBMS.

AFAIK HTSQL is very happy producing SQL; why not just let it hand SQL to
Postgres (which it already does...)

Have you by chance talked to Clark or Kirill about this?

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: 9.5 alpha: some small comments on BRIN and btree_gin
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2