Re: Comfortably check BackendPID with psql

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Comfortably check BackendPID with psql
Дата
Re: Comfortably check BackendPID with psql  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/06/2015 06:56, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 04:05:13PM -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
>>>
>>> Not a big fan of that abbreviation itself. What I'd wondered about
>>> instead - and actually had patched into my psql at some point - is
>>> adding an appropriate escape to psql's PROMPT. I think that'd serve your
>>> purpose as well?
>>
>> +3.14159; that would be hugely helpful when using gdb.

+1

> You can get that today.  In ~/.psqlrc:
>
> SELECT pg_catalog.pg_backend_pid() AS backend_pid \gset
> \set PROMPT1 '%m %:backend_pid: %/%R%# '
>
> It doesn't update after \connect, but the overlap between my use of \connect
> and my use of debuggers is tiny.

Tiny for me too, but I sometimes had the need.

I can't really see any good reason not to add a %p escape to psql's
PROMPT, so I'm attaching a simple patch to implement it. Unless someone
objects, I'll add it to the next commitfest.

--
Julien Rouhaud
http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

Вложения