Kerberos as source of user name? (Re: [BUGS] segfault in psql on x86_64)

От Tom Lane
Тема Kerberos as source of user name? (Re: [BUGS] segfault in psql on x86_64)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Orion Henry <orion@trustcommerce.com> writes:
> It appears to be faulting on a kerberos call which is odd because I
> don't use kerberos for anything.

I was a bit surprised to realize that if you compile Kerberos support at
all, libpq will try to get a user name from Kerberos in preference to
using getpwuid().  This strikes me as odd and surprising behavior.
There's certainly no security reason for it, since we are only getting
a default user name that can be trivially overridden.

Does anyone see a reason why we shouldn't trust getpwuid to supply the
default username in all cases?  I'm thinking of ripping out
fe_setauthsvc/fe_getauthsvc as well ...