Re: PATCH: remove nclients/nthreads constraint from pgbench

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: PATCH: remove nclients/nthreads constraint from pgbench
Дата
Re: PATCH: remove nclients/nthreads constraint from pgbench  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/08/2015 03:02 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> Remove pgbench constraint that the number of clients must be a multiple of
> the number of threads, by sharing clients among threads as evenly as
> possible.
>
> Rational: allows to test the database load with any number of client
> without unrelated constraint. The current setting means for instance that
> testing with a prime number of clients always uses one thread, whereas
> other number of clients can use a different number of threads. This
> constraint does not make much sense.
> ..
> Minor v2 update to change a not badly chosen variable name.

+1, it's really annoying that you can't just do -j<high number> and
always run with that.

This doesn't behave correctly if you set -j to greater than -c, and also
use the rate limit option: