Re: plperl vs LC_COLLATE (was Re: Possible savepoint bug)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: plperl vs LC_COLLATE (was Re: Possible savepoint bug)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> AFAICT, perl doesn't keep any state about locale settings, it just
> reacts to whatever the current settings are, I think, but I could be wrong.

If that's the case, why would it be bothering to issue setlocale during
startup at all?  If you look in locale.c in the Perl sources, it's
pretty clear that it saves away state about the settings during
Perl_init_i18nl10n().  I'm too lazy to track down where that state is
used or what the consequences are if it's wrong, but it sure looks to
me like *something* will be broken if we just change the locale back
to what we want afterward.