Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On 06/29/2015 09:27 AM, Andy Erskine wrote:
> Thanks Jeff,
>
> I don't want a clone - i want to temporaily turn off replication
> (and therefore failover) and load a different db into the secondary
> which is now writable and run some tests. Then i will remove this db
> and run a basebackup to reinstate a copy of the master and turn on
> replication  again.

So you want replica and you don't want replica at the same time?

Is there any reason why you simply don't want to either create a new
snapshot using pg_basebackup, or just simply shut down the standby,
create a copy of the data directory, remove the recovery conf and start
it again as a standalone database?

regards