Re: plpgsql question: select into multiple variables ?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: plpgsql question: select into multiple variables ?
Дата
Re: plpgsql question: select into multiple variables ?  ("Day, David" <dday@redcom.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 06/29/2015 12:07 PM, Day, David wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Postgres version 9.3.9
>

> What is wrong with my usage of the plpgsql  "select into" concept
> I have a function to look into a calendar table to find the first and
> Last weekend date of a month.
>
> In this simplified concept function I end up with a NULL for first or last weekend variable.
>

> create or replace function sys.time_test ()
> returns date as
> $$
> DECLARE
>     first_weekend date;
>     last_weekend date;
> BEGIN
>
>    SELECT MIN(CAL_DATE),MAX(CAL_DATE) INTO first_weekend::date, last_weekend::date FROM sys.calendar
>            WHERE month_of_year = (extract(MONTH FROM current_date))::int AND
>                year_of_date = (extract(YEAR FROM current_date))::int AND
>               day_of_week IN ( 'Sat','Sun');
>
>   RETURN( COALESCE(last_weekend,'01-jun-2014'));
>
> END
> $$
> LANGUAGE plpgsql volatile;

The ::date cast seem to be the problem. When I tried a version of the
function here with them I got the same output. Eliminating them got the
correct output. They are redundant as you already DECLAREd first_weekend
and last_weekend to be DATE type. So:

  SELECT MIN(CAL_DATE),MAX(CAL_DATE) INTO first_weekend, last_weekend .....

> If I execute the same select logic from a psql shell I get the correct result.
>

> (1 row)
>
> ace_db=# ace_db=#  SELECT MIN(CAL_DATE),MAX(CAL_DATE) FROM sys.calendar cal
                                                                                 WHERE cal.month_of_year =
(extract(MONTHFROM current_date))::int AND
                       cal.year_of_date = (extract(YEAR FROM current_date))::int AND
                                                                   cal.day_of_week IN ( 'Sat','Sun');

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com