Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/28/2015 11:58 PM, Andy Erskine wrote:
> If i touch my trigger file and promote my secondary to a master - what
> effect will that have on the Master - will i need to make any changes
> on that side ? Will it still try and stream data across to the
> promoted secondary and just fill up the log files with error messages ?

its not 'push', the slave pulls the data from the master.   as long as
the master has WAL file archiving enabled (which is a separate but
related thing to streaming), the slave will catch up... if the slave is
understands where the WAL archive is, then when its woken back up after
being restored to how it was before your testing, it will query the
master, find out its way ahead of its timeline, and consult with the WAL
archives, fetching as many as are needed to catch up to the servers'
current timeline, then resume streaming ...

Сообщение: Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running
Сообщение: Re: Turn off streaming replication - leaving Master running