Re: Correct place for feature requests

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Correct place for feature requests
Дата
Re: Correct place for feature requests  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Correct place for feature requests  (Алексей Бережняк <core@irc.lg.ua>)
Список pgsql-general
On 6/25/2015 11:59 AM, Алексей Бережняк wrote:
> I think that PostgreSQL is great RDBMS, but one important (for me)
> feature that it missing is case-insensitive identifier quotes
> ([table].[column]) like in Microsoft SQL Server.

putting names in [ ]  is not part of any SQL specification.

> I know that there are double quotes, but they are case-sensitive.
>
> Or maybe some option that will make double quotes case-insensitive.

the current behavior is compliant with the SQL specification.   if you
want case-insensitive, don't quote the identifiers.   if you do quote
them, they are implicitly case sensitive according to the specifications.

Сообщение: Re: Correct place for feature requests
Сообщение: Re: Correct place for feature requests