Re: Include.d and warnings

От Andomar
Тема Re: Include.d and warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> But max_connections did not change before the reload.  It is just
>> overruled in an included configuration file.
>
> This is fixed in 9.4 and up.  Since it's just cosmetic, we did not
> back-patch the change.

We're running 9.4.4.  I've just tested this, and doing a "restart"
followed by a "reload" causes the error message to appear.

Is anyone else willing to try and reproduce the problem?

 > Just for my edification. If an include file contains a different
 > value for a setting that can only be changed on restart, Postgres is
 > supposed to throw out the restart message?

To clarify, the server is started with the setting already present:
postgresql.conf : max_connections 100
conf.d/extra.conf : max_connections 125

If you start the server and reload, this will give the error message.

Checking the live setting with "select * from pg_settings where name =
'max_connections'" shows that the setting already is 125.  So the
warning is confusing because a restart would not change anything.

Kind regards,
Andomar

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: INSERT a real number in a column based on other columns OLD INSERTs
От: Piotr Gasidło
Сообщение: When files in pg_multixact/{members,offsets} get recycled?