Re: DB access speeds, App(linux)<->PG(linux) vs App(linux) <->MSSql(Windows)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: DB access speeds, App(linux)<->PG(linux) vs App(linux) <->MSSql(Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/24/2015 06:44 AM, Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> Hi:  I'm trying to get a 10,000 ft understanding of the difference in DB
> access speeds for two different scenarios...
>
> Scenario 1:     Apps are on linux.  PG DB is on linux (different server
> than apps)
>
> Scenario 2:     Apps are on linux.  MSSql DB is on Windows (obviously a
> different server)
>
> The apps are typically perl scripts using Perl DBI.
>
> I'm thinking that since perl has a DBD driver for PG, that would be
> faster than going through ODBC to get to the MsSQL DB, but I'm not sure
> about that.
>
> Any insights/guesses ?

Not without more information.

1) The same schema, data on both DB servers?

2) Are they the same apps?

3) What are the apps doing?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: mirroring a server and/or hot standby