Re: Postgresql 9.2 has standby server lost data?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.2 has standby server lost data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/18/2015 05:45 PM, Paula Price wrote:
> I have Postgresql 9.2.10 streaming replication set up with log shipping in
> case the replication falls behind.  I discovered that the log-shipping had
> been disabled at some point in time.  I enabled the log shipping again.
>
> If at some point in time the streaming replication fell behind and the
> standby server was not able to retrieve the necessary WAL file(s) from the
> primary, would the standby server continue to function normally?  Do I need
> to rebuild the standby server?  I have restarted the standby server and it
> is up and running with no issues.

Well that seems at odds with it being unable to retrieve the WAL files.
This leads to these questions:

1) What makes you think it did not retrieve the WAL files via streaming?

2) What does the postgres log show at the time you restarted the standby?

   I need to know if the

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com