Re: "Alter system" command documentation

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: "Alter system" command documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 15-06-2015 13:32, Jeff Janes wrote:
> From http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-altersystem.html
>
> "Values set with ALTER SYSTEM will be effective after the next server
> configuration reload (SIGHUP or pg_ctl reload), or after the next server
> restart in the case of parameters that can only be changed at server start."
>
> Isn't it unfortunate that the command used for changing the
> configuration file from within SQL mentions SIGHUP and pg_ctl reload,
> but not "select pg_reload_conf();", as a way to activate that change?

SIGHUP is an implementation detail. If I were to change that sentence,
my preference is replace SIGHUP with pg_reload_conf.

--
   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: "Alter system" command documentation
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: "Alter system" command documentation