Re: s_lock() seems too aggressive for machines with many sockets

От Nils Goroll
Тема Re: s_lock() seems too aggressive for machines with many sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> As in 200%+ slower.
>> Have you tried PTHREAD_MUTEX_ADAPTIVE_NP ?
> Yes.

Ok, if this can be validated, we might have a new case now for which my
suggestion would not be helpful. Reviewed, optimized code with short critical
sections and no hotspots by design could indeed be an exception where to keep
slock as they are.

> Hm, ok. Any chance you have profiles from back then?

IIUC I had shared all relevant data on the list. Does this help?
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4FE9EB27.9020502@schokola.de

Thanks, NIls