Re: Upgrade to PGSQL 8.2 Problem

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: Upgrade to PGSQL 8.2 Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> Sean, i agree.  that is my confusion. alright.  i'll
> try it tomorrow.  i'll follow Richard's advice and do
> the user and password options.  hopefully, all goes
> well.

I am currently working on a dos .bat file that will create dumpfiles.  In my case I want to add
the system date to the dump files name so that any older dumpfiles do not get overwritten.  Once
my script is finished I plan to called it from the windows scheduler to preform a backup once a
day.

If you are interested I will post it once I am finished.  However, be warned that my dos/bat
scripting skills are very weak so don't expect an elegant solution. :-)

This is the closest solution to the shell script and cron job that I can get with default windows.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.