Re: recovery.conf' is not creating in pg_basebackup with version 13

От Nagaraj Raj
Тема Re: recovery.conf' is not creating in pg_basebackup with version 13
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thank you.

On Sunday, September 27, 2020, 01:05:50 PM PDT, rams nalabolu <ramsveeru441@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nagaraj,

You are doing correct only.
Pg_basebackup is not creating recovery.conf file anymore starting from version 12.
If you choose it will only create standby.signal.
You could use standby.signal in two cases as below.
1) PITR: in this case you just need empty recovery.signal file and you could rename standby.signal file as recovery.signal and echo all recovery related parameters into Postgresql.conf file

2) HA: To setup streaming replication or to create standby sever. In this case all replication related parameters will be on standby.signal

Thanks
Veeru