Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/3/20 1:32 PM, stan wrote:
Please reply to list also.
Ccing list
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 10:48:29AM -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:

>>> Thanks for the input.
>>>
>>> I have, indeed created views that restrict the subset of columns that a
>>> particular job function needs access to to the appropriate ones, but
>>> unfortunately to the best of my knowledge, I cannot INSERT/UPDATE a table
>>> through a view.
>>>
>>> Am I suffering from a lack of knowledge here?
>>
>> Yes:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-createview.html
>>
>> Updatable Views
>>

> OK, looking at that makes me think it is fairly limited. EG an Updatable
> view can have on one FROM clause. Thus it by definition cannot use a JOIN.
> So if I have a table with may columns, I can create a view that is a subset
> of the available columns, which might be a way to address my issue.

The link was for automatically updateable views. If you want to do
something more involved then see:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/rules-views.html#RULES-VIEWS-UPDATE

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Graphical Query Builder
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Detecting which columns a query will modify in a function calledby a trigger