Re: postgres db permissions

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: postgres db permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/02/2015 11:46 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>> On 06/02/2015 11:04 AM, Steve Pribyl wrote:
>>> I have noted that  "GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO public" is granted
>>> on postgres.schemas.public.  I am looking at this in pgadmin so excuse
>>> my nomenclature.
>
>>> Is this what is allowing write access to the database?
>
>> Yes, though that should not be the default.
>
> Huh?  Of course it's the default.  I'm not really sure why the OP is
> surprised at this.  A database that won't let you create any tables
> is not terribly useful.

The owner (or super user) should always have access, anybody with access
should not. This argument has actually come up before and you held a
similar view. This should not be possible:

postgres@sqitch:/# psql -U postgres
psql (9.2.11)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# create user foo;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# \q

root@sqitch:/# psql -U foo postgres
psql (9.2.11)
Type "help" for help.
postgres=> create table bar (id text);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=>

We can adjust this capability with pg_hba.conf but that is external to
this behavior.

Sincerely,

JD