Re: odbc to emulate mysql for end programs

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: odbc to emulate mysql for end programs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/02/2015 04:16 AM, Mimiko wrote:
> Thanks for response.
>
> I've tried to connect the application to postgres with odbc. Arised 2
> problems:
>
> 1) mysql widelly uses case-insensitive naming for
> schemas,tables,columns.

Actually that is not true as I found out the hard way. See here for all
the ways you can make that not true:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

>But postgres use case-sensitive when
> doulbe-quoting or lowers the names without quoting. Is there a configure
> option to ignore case by default? > 2) despite odbc use, at first start the particular application tries to
> connect and create tables in database(schema). It kept saying that
> database(schema) does not exists, although I've created the schema
> exactly as it needs with cases and specified search_path also. May be
> this problem is related to case-sensitivenes, as program double-quotes
> the schema,table and column names.

MySQL != Postgres. You have just started down a tortuous path if your
application is really expecting to talk to a MySQL database.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com