Re: Python 3.2 XP64 and Numpy...

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Python 3.2 XP64 and Numpy...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/02/2015 01:24 AM, Rémi Cura wrote:
> Hey,
> python is installed from official binary, 64 b for windows,
> in C/Python32
>
> I can't remember the argument, but it might be irrelevant.
> The problem doesn't seem to be to install numpy, it works perfectly in
> the regular terminal.
>
> The problem seems to be that postgres can't use correctly numpy.

So  to be clear, you can import other modules into plpythonu3 and they work?

In your previous post you said:

"All user of the computer have all rights on the
C:\\Python32\\lib\\site-packages folder"

Do those rights extend down the sub-directories, in particular the numpy
package?

> I found no version of scipy installer for win 64 with python 3.2,
> I tried several but not having the exact python version always end in
> failure.
> The binaries you linked to are dependent on intel math kernel library,
> which I don't have.

Well it was worth a shot.

> Cheers,
> Rémi-C

> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>:
>
>     On 06/01/2015 09:09 AM, Rémi Cura wrote:
>
>         Hey, thanks to help me with that.
>         I started fresh to have a truly reproducible process,
>         so you can have all information and rule out some error
>         possibilities.
>
>            - Uninstall all python.
>            - Check that PythonPath doesn't exist anymore
>            - check that python doesn't exist anymore
>
>            - install python 3.2.5 64 bit from official python website
>         into C/Python32
>
>            - Reload configuration for server.
>
>            - create plpython3u , create a python function, test it (show
>         path)
>
>              * It works, python path is
>               'C:\\Windows\\system32\\python32.zip', 'C:\\Python32\\Lib',
>         'C:\\Python32\\DLLs', 'E:\\9.3\\data', 'C:\\Program
>         Files\\PostgreSQL\\9.3\\bin', 'C:\\Python32',
>         'C:\\Python32\\lib\\site-packages'
>
>            - Donwload latest numpy from website.
>            - ON antoher PC
>

>     So what is the Python setup on this machine?
>
>              * Compile numpy with visual 2008 , 64 bit
>              * Create an binary installer for windows (using python.exe
>         setup.py
>         )with proper argument
>

>     The argument would be?
>

>            - On the server :
>            - install numpy with the compiled installer.
>

>     Best guess is that the numpy compilation you are doing on Machine A
>     is not compatible with what you have installed on Machine B(the server).
>
>     Have you looked at this:
>     http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
>
>     or
>
>     http://www.scipy.org/install.html
>

>            - check that numpy is correctly installer in
>         C:\Python32\Lib\site-packages
>            - using an external terminal, check that numpy works (import
>         numpy -> OK)
>
>            - Now, define a plpython3u function containing "import numpy"
>
>            - Run the function --> error is
>             "ERREUR:  ImportError: DLL load failed: Le module spécifié est
>         introuvable.",
>              which roughly translate to
>             "ERROR: ImportError : DLL load failed : the specified module
>         couldn't
>         be found".
>
>            - Create a plpython3u function returning sys.path
>         the path is "C:\\Windows\\system32\\python32.zip',
>         'C:\\Python32\\Lib',
>         'C:\\Python32\\DLLs', 'E:\\9.3\\data', 'C:\\Program
>         Files\\PostgreSQL\\9.3\\bin', 'C:\\Python32',
>         'C:\\Python32\\lib\\site-packages"
>         numpy is in this path, in C:\\Python32\\lib\\site-packages
>         All user of the computer have all rights on the
>         C:\\Python32\\lib\\site-packages folder
>

>            - execute `import imp; imp.find_package('numpy')` within the
>         plpython3u function
>              -> returns "None,
>         'C:\\Python32\\lib\\site-packages\\numpy', ('',
>         '', 5)"
>
>            - create a helloworld module , put it next to numpy, try to
> [...]

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com