Re: advocating LTS release and feature-train release cycles

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: advocating LTS release and feature-train release cycles
Дата
Re: advocating LTS release and feature-train release cycles  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On 06/02/15 04:27, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 06/01/2015 07:11 PM, Arthur Silva wrote:
>
> In my opinion, FWIW, that really does not change anything. Whether
> you are dealing with 20 new features over a year or 10 over half a
> year the same constraints apply, writing the code and getting it
> reviewed over a given time period. Add in the extra overhead costs of
> more frequent releases and I see no gain.

I disagree. The fact that we have 1 release per year means there's one
deadline, and if you miss it you have to wait another year for the
feature to be available in official release. That's a lot of pressure
and frustration for developers. With more frequent releases, this issue
gets less serious. Of course, it's not a silver bullet (e.g. does not
change review capacity).

>> Maybe this should be reposted to the hackers list?

Yes. And there already are threads dealing with this topic.

Сообщение: Re: Database designpattern - product feature
Сообщение: Re: Database designpattern - product feature