Re: Postgresql 9.4 upgrade openSUSE13.1

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.4 upgrade openSUSE13.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/31/2015 08:57 AM, Arup Rakshit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed long back postgresql92, and I want to upgrade it to postgresql 9.4. But not seeing any package for
that.Any help ?

> [arup@music_track (master)]$ zypper info postgresql94
> Reading installed packages...

FYI for future reference I would use zypper search postgres. zypper info
needs an exact name, search is more like grep -i. In any case
postgresql94 is not in the default repos.

I am on openSUSE 13.1 and compile my Postgres versions from source. If
you want to get an RPM package I would look here(see WARNING below):

http://software.opensuse.org/package/postgresql94

*WARNING* I have not done this and I do not know if it installs over the
existing Postgres install or not. I would definitely backup your data
and conf files. The safer route would be to try this out on another
machine, say a cloud instance *WARNING*

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com