Re: Postgres is using 100% CPU

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Postgres is using 100% CPU
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 05/29/15 20:10, Ashik S L wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using postgresDB on redhat machine which is having 4GB RAM
> machine. As soon as it starts to Inserting rows into the postgres DB
> it will reach 100%cpu. It will comedown to normal after 40 minutes. I
> tried perform some tuning on the postgres DB, But result was same.I
> am not postgres DB expert. Even we are not seeing in all machine.
> Only few machines we are seeing this issue. Any help on this would
> be appreciated.

Ashik, before pointing you to this list, I asked for some basic
information that are needed when diagnosing issues like this - database
size, postgres version etc. We can't really help you without this info,
because right now we only know you're doing some inserts (while before
you mentioned updates), and it's slow.

Also, can you please provide info about the configuration and what
changes have you done when tuning it?

Have you seen this?

   https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server

regards