Re: hstore_plpython regression test does not work on Python 3

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: hstore_plpython regression test does not work on Python 3
Дата
Re: hstore_plpython regression test does not work on Python 3  (Oskari Saarenmaa <os@ohmu.fi>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/26/15 5:19 PM, Oskari Saarenmaa wrote:
>> [1] http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=jaguarundi&br=HEAD
>
> Looks like that animal uses Python 3.4.  Python 3.3 and newer versions
> default to using a random seed for hashing objects into dicts which
> makes the order of dict elements random; see
> https://docs.python.org/3/using/cmdline.html#cmdoption-R

Ah, good catch.  That explains the, well, randomness.  I can reproduce
the test failures with PYTHONHASHSEED=2.

But I haven't been successful getting that environment variable set so
that it works in the installcheck case.  Instead, I have rewritten the
tests to use asserts instead of textual comparisons.  See attached
patch.  Comments?

Вложения