Re: Run pgindent now?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Run pgindent now?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> And even if we got to the point where all commits should be perfectly
> pgindented, it wouldn't work, because under the current workflow the
> updated typedef list isn't available until after the commit (on an
> unpredictable schedule).  (This problem would also affect pgindent in
> back branches.)

Up to date typedefs lists are available for all live branches all the
time. That's something I have enabled with a fairly modest investment of
time in response to this discussion. See
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/typedefs.pl?show_list> Of course,
there is a chicken and egg problem, but after all how many new typedefs
are there likely to be in a given backpatched item? ISTM new typedefs
are far more likely to appear from new development than from bug fixes.
At a pinch you could add some yourself manually.

cheers

andrew