Re: pgtap in our apt repo

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: pgtap in our apt repo
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Jon,

On 05/26/2015 11:09 PM, Jon Erdman wrote:
> Markus, did you notice that I took the existing deb-src package (0.90.0) from debian, and used uupdate to pull in the
0.95.1source and rebuild against 9.4 on Ubuntu 14.04?
No, I just saw this thread and responded, but didn't review any package,
yet.
> In fact, I'll forward all of you the message now. It worked fine, so we shouldn't need to create our own.
Agreed. As I pointed out, I think we should coordinate with the existing
maintainer (and I would hope to migrate the packaging to some kind of
VCS repo).
> All we need to do is decide if this existing package should try to put the extension files automagically in all
expectedlocations for all installed versions (not fool-proof), or instead make pgtap-9.1 -9.2, etc. packages built
against(and requiring each version of pg) which I think is the more correct thing to do.
Yes, I think so, too. As David pointed out, the SQL files do not
necessarily match. If we want to go through the effort of de-duplicating
them, we need to be very careful. Let's start simple.

Regards

Markus Wanner