Re: Typecast bug?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Typecast bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com> writes:
> This seems like a bug to me, but it shows up as a performance problem.

> emol_warehouse_1=> explain analyze select version_id, parent_id from version where version_id =
999999999999999999999999999;

If you actually *need* so many 9's here as to force it out of the range
of bigint, then why is your id column not declared numeric?

This seems to me to be about on par with complaining that "intcol = 4.2e1"
won't be indexed.  We have a numeric data type hierarchy, learn to
work with it ...